I just had my 30th birthday and like a lot of people, I was rather meloncholy about the whole thing. I obsessed over the unchecked boxes on my bucket list, the wrinkles in my brow and other silly things. Then an off-key Happy Birthday
Song from two 6 year-olds reminded me that I’m lucky after all.
Here are 10 more lessons I learned in the last decade.
Ten Things To Learn By Thirty
1. Happiness is as fleeting as the sunset, so bask in the light of the golden hour.
But when happiness gone, just remember, that like the sunset, it will be back again tomorrow.
2. Villians and heros are not static.
At any and every given moment each of us is playing both hero and villian to different people in our lives.
3. Family is where you make it and what you make of it.
4. We really are alone but take heart knowing that we are alone together.
5. You hurt as hard as you love.
6. But at least love is abundant.
7. You will never know what time is left of your life but you can always make the best of the time in your life.
8. You have a destiny that is as much willfully powered as it is propelled by fate.
9. You are the hero of your own story.
10. You have a great story, and it’s probably as crazy as it is true.
What did you learn from your twenties? Share in the comments!